La Cupula Music, SL will announce the dates for the fourth Soundie Music Video Awards very soon.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUBMISSION
- The video clip must have been requested or created by or for a band or a solo artist and must compete in any of the official sections, meeting the limitations that each of them includes.
- The candidate will define the modality and section of the submitted music video.
- The video length may not be longer than 9 minutes.
- The organization will only accept those Music Videos published after October 8th, 2018 until October 7th, 2019.
- Each contestant may submit a maximum of three proposals.
- The original recording format will be free.
- Music Video from artists and/or independent companies can submit and attend the awards.
- Registration must be done ONLINE on the web soundie.es
- The directors, producers, groups, artists or musicians that fill in the participation form in the Soundie Music Video Award must have all the authorizations and rights/permits granted of the video that they present to the competition.
- In addition to the music video in digital format, the public URL of the video uploaded to any of the YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion platforms must be shared.
- When registering the work, you will be asked for a series of data that will make up the registration form. Any questions will be answered at the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
- The registration period to participate ends on October 7th at 00: 00h, 2019.
- In the registration process, you must indicate the modalities to which you want to participate, there being a maximum limit of 3 prizes to which a video clip can be presented.
VIDEO CLIPS SELECTED FOR SCREENING AT THE FINALS
- The pre-selected works will be announced the month before the event. Previously, a confirmation email will be sent to each selected participant.
- Pre-selected video clips must be sent in HD file with h264 codec and minimum resolution of 1920 x 1080 -1080p- .mov or .mkv) at the Festival Headquarters: Calle Trafalgar, número 10, Pral – 1ª Barcelona, C.P. 08010. In the package, the following information must be clearly indicated: Title, Author, Length, Format, Screen resolution and Sound, and the address where the video it should be returned.
- Or you can send The HD file with WeTransfer to email@example.com
- We will contact all finalists personally by email to inform them and request the files in HD via Wetransfer or physical.
- The sending of the selected Music Videos will be the responsibility of the participant, the organization will take care of returning the Videos to the participants.
The organization of the festival designates representatives of the cinematographic, musical and cultural world who will carry out the pre-selection of the finalists.
The decisions of the selection committee are unappealable.
The works must be in good condition and properly identified with title, group/artist, director/producer, record label and duration.
VIEWING OF THE VIDEO CLIPS
The pre-selected video clips will be available for viewing in:
- The Youtube Festival Channel.
- Using the playlist created specifically on the Soundie YouTube Channel.
- In all its communications of the pre-selected, finalists and music video winners we will always use the link to the YouTube channel or Vimeo that has been provided. We will never make personal use of the music video.
- Communications will be made on the Festival’s social networks – Facebook www.facebook.com/SoundieMVA/ | Twitter twitter.com/soundiemva | Instagram instagram.com/soundiemva/
- The pre-selected music video will be available on the web through YouTube / Vimeo links of the videos presented for viewing a few days before the event.
CELEBRATION OF THE EVENT
Dates for Soundie Music Video Awards 2019 will be announced very soon.
A professional jury composed of people from the film, music and cultural media, will be responsible for attributing the winners in each modality, except the Popular Voting Award for the best song that will be decided independently from the Jury.
Soundie will award 15 prizes. The value of the prizes is € 13,000, of which € 6,000 correspond to cash prizes and € 7,000 in services for audiovisual productions. These prizes will be distributed among the following categories:
- Best international music video: cash Price of €1,000.
- Best National music video: cash Price of €1,000.
- Best Music Video of a Catalan Artist: cash Price of €1,000.
- Best Music Video in the Catalan Language: cash Price of €1,000.
- Best Music Video Award of an Independent Music Label signed up in a Music Association: cash Price of €900.
- Best Editing Music Video: cash Price of €800.
- Best Gender Music Video: cash Price of €800.
- Best Novel Director: Prize valued at €2,500.
- Best Low-cost: Prize valued at €2,500.
- Best Special Effects: free Digital Music Distribution + 500€ in YouTube promotion.
- Best Art Direction: free Digital Music Distribution + 500€ in YouTube promotion)
- Best Photography: Free Digital Music Distribution + 500€ in YouTube promotion.
- Best Creativity/Screenplay: free Digital Music Distribution + 500€ in YouTube promotion.
- Best Creativity / Screenplay: rewarding screenwriter/creative (Free Digital Music Distribution + 500€ in YouTube promotion.
- Best Animation: rewarding the animation director (Free Digital Music Distribution + 500€ in YouTube promotion.
The prize will be awarded by a jury composed of people of the cinematographic, musical and cultural world.
Awards are given to the persons who hold the rights of the video. One of the main requirements the presence of the winner or a representative at the Award ceremony (for the local and national award) or sending a testimonial video (for the international Award) in case you cannot attend physically.
The Awards will be presented during the closing ceremony. All prizes are subject to deductions determined by law. Prizes will be paid in cash in the accounts (without costs) that winners provide to the organization.
The incorporation of any additional prize not listed in these rules will be duly announced through the Festival’s means of communication (Web, press release, newsletter, etc. )
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
The participants in the competition authorize the organization to the diffusion, distribution, exhibition, public communication, dissemination and reproduction without compensation of the submitted Music Videos, through the webs and the current and future channels of both organising institutions.
In compliance with the provisions of Law 15/1999, of December 13, Protection of Personal Data, Law 34/2002, of 11 July, Services of the information society and electronic commerce and other provisions issued in its development, the participants of the contest are informed that the personal data voluntarily provided during the registration process of the contest, which states as their property (including mobile phone and email), will be incorporated into the corresponding file of the organization, authorizing their processing (by itself or through a third party acting as a processor) for their use in connection with the development of this competition, as well as for sending information regarding activities and projects carried out by the organization (via mail, e-mail, telephone and SMS). The participant is informed of his right of opposition, access, rectification and cancellation of his personal data in the terms provided by law, and he may exercise his right by writing a letter to the organization at the following address: Carrer Trafalgar, n. 10, Pral – 1ª Barcelona, CP 08010.
The delivery of personal data in the registration form for the contest is optional, but the refusal to provide it has the consequence of not being able to participate in the festival.
The participant guarantees that the personal data provided to the organization for this promotion is truthful, and is responsible for communicating any changes regarding this data to the organization of the Awards.
The participants also authorize the organization to use their name and image for advertising or in communication campaigns, both written and electronic, developed or carried out to disseminate the results of the competition.
The organization, in any case, will use the data for commercial purposes.
CLAIMS, LEGISLATION AND JURISDICTION
Any complaint regarding the initial selection of projects, or the choice by the jury for the prize-winning projects, must be made within a maximum period of 10 calendar days from the date of notification.
Any further complaints shall also be set out within a maximum period of 10 calendar days from the fact that triggers them.
This competition and its rules are regulated by the Spanish law and any dispute related therewith or the competition will be resolved by the courts of Barcelona.
Prizes are subjected to the Law 35/2006 on the Spanish income tax the Income; the Royal Decree No 439/2007 of 30 March, by which the Regulation of the Income Tax of Physical People is approved;
The Law 13/2011, of 27 May, regarding Game Regulation; The Royal Decree 3059/1966 of December the 1st, through which the Revised Text of Tax Rates and other related provisions are approved and passed in their development so that, if necessary shall be allocated to the organization the carrying out of the payment on account or practicing the appropriate retention.
EXEMPTION FROM LIABILITY
Mecal Pro, International Short Film and Animation Festival of Barcelona, and La Cupula Music SL, are exempted from any liability that may arise from any existing errors in the data provided by the winners, inaccuracies thereof or impossibility of identification. Similarly, they will be exempt from liability in case of failed delivery of any prize whenever this is due to causes beyond their control or lack of diligence by the winner.
Mecal Pro, International Festival of Short Films and Animation of Barcelona and La Cupula Music, SL are not responsible for the use of images of minors in the videos participating, as each participant must obtain the permits and mandatory consent from parents or tutors thereof. This does not prevent the use of the image of a child that may be considered inappropriate from being penalized by the organization and/or Youtube Video and the immediate removal from the Contest.
YouTube is not part of the competition apart from being the platform provider. YouTube is not responsible for providing the awards or review the safety of the entries. Youtube denies any responsibility for the administration of the competition rules and the prizes awarded.
IMPLIED ACCEPTANCE OF THE BASES
Participation in this competition implies acceptance of these terms in full.
The organization reserves the right to interpret, or modify the submission rules of this contest at any time, and even cancel or void the contest, provided that there are justified grounds for taking such a decision. In any case, La Cupula Music, SL commits to communicating via this website the modified terms, or the annulment of the competition as a whole, so that all participants will have access to the information.